Cuppy Cake!

Cuppy Cake!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Greetings to all, my name is Nurul Farahin of 3E2. I search all around Chinatown and found a small shop that sells food with a little taste of thai. I rushed and ordered this Mee Goreng Thai style. It might look ordinary but wait till you try it. It packs a punch.

Imagine eating a spicy thai cum local meal and seating in an open air stall in the middle of Chinatown. Imagine the fusion. The atmosphere was great. The food was very spicy although the colors of the food does not give you a hint. The secret: the sauce they used was authentic giving it a thai flavour from the first bite. The fragrants was strong giving it a nice aroma, this was because they add fresh ingredients. They also add green chilli padi which was hidden from my view. This made the dish really spicy but I love it.

I chose this dish as I have always wanted to try a real Thai flavour in a meal and my dream came true although I know that it was not 100% genuine. This dish makes me realize that many ASEAN Countries have unite and some had tried to invest on foods using their unique respective flavours and I believe that this reflects how close Singapore's ties with this countries. This is important as all of us need to wor together so that we enjoy peace and there will be no wars and killings.

From this expedition, I've learnt a lot and I crave for more different fods from different cultures. I truly enjoyed that dish and therefore, thank you:]

No comments: