Cuppy Cake!

Cuppy Cake!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Food Fest







Hello! I'm Nazihah from 3N2. Today, I went to the hawker centre located near my house to complete my F&N assignment. The photos above shown, I ate Laska. To define what laksa is, laska is a famous noodle soup from Peranakan culture also known as Baba and Nyonya, which is a merger of Chinese and Malay elements found in Malaysia and Singapore. Laksa exists in countless incarnations throughout the Malay Peninsula - Sarawak, Malacca, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor, and of course Singapore, each have their own tasty version.

The stall sells dish which is commonly found is Malaysia and Singapore such as Mee Rebus, Lor Mee, Prawn Mee and Laksa. The laksa that they cooked was totally mouth-watering. The gravy
was terrific, I can taste the coconut milk, which adds a distinctive richness to a dish. Apart from that, cockles, fish cake, boiled egg and tofu puffs are also added to make the dish more scrumptious.

It cost $2.50 per bowl and they have other ranging of prices to choose from. The price is reasonable and there will be no regret after eating. Therefore, I choose laksa as my dish for my F&N assignment,- Theme: Know Your Neighbour, because I believe the origin of laksa is from Singapore and Malaysia which is also known as ASEAN.

No comments: