Cuppy Cake!

Cuppy Cake!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Assignment - Khairulanwar



Hi, I'm Khairulanwar from 3N2. I did my F&N work as told. I went to Toa Payoh lorong 8 market to eat Mee Soto. It is originated from Indonesia. Mee Soto - the base for this dish is a stock made from chicken and a special Rempah(Spices), which varies from stall to stall. Blanched Hokkien Mee and pieces of shredded chicken are then drowned in this aromatic and tasty soup, and topped with chopped spring onions and crispy fried onions. It cost $2.50 per bowl. For the taste of dish, it is delicious, not salty, not oily and its good for health as it is not oily.

After I had eaten Mee Soto, I went to eat Prata. Roti prata is the Singaporean evolution of the Pakistani and Indian prata, a pancake bread made of dough composed of fat, egg, flour and water. Roti means bread in Hindi, Urdu, most other North Indian languages and Malay, while Prata means flat. It is traditionally served with curry or, more rarely, with sugar. I ate it at Toa Payoh Lor 1. The plain prata cost 2 for $ 1.20? It was really delicious when it is hot and it is nicer eating it with fish curry. There are many other types of prata such as egg, cheese, tissue and Bomb Prata.

No comments: