Cuppy Cake!

Cuppy Cake!

Monday, July 27, 2009


27 July 2009
Hi everyone,I am Janessa from class 3n2.
For this assignment,I have chosen a dish from a stall in Kou Fu,located at Toa Payoh Central selling Thailand food.
It's stall name is 'Kor Thai Delights'.
Just a little information about lemon grass before I start my review on lemon grass with beef rice set:
Related to citronella, this bulbous, greyish green tropical grass is a favored herb in Southeast Asian cuisines, where its delicate, lemony essence permeates a wide assortment of dishes. In Thai cooking, lemongrass is used most frequently to flavor soups, salads and curries.

We all know that Thailand stuffs are getting popular in Singapore,so why not have a taste of Thailand food to see what their food has to offer to your taste-buds?
Due to time constraints,I had to buy the food home to sample and I hope you won't mind the not so attractive pictures,as because it was packed,the presentation does not look oh-so-yummy.
Yet,I strongly recommend this stall for it's Lemon Grass Beef with rice set.


Both me and my mother have never been big fans of beef.
Yet,the moment I sunk my teeth in to the nice-smelling beef,I immediately asked my mother to try some because it was really very tasty.
My mother has always been skeptical about my decisions and views,but this time she agreed with me head on.
For it's $4.50 price for both a decent portion of delicious beef,lemon grass,leafy vegetables,cucumber,some carrots and a bowl of rice,it really deserves a try,especially for those who have not tried thailand food before.
It will sure give you a good impression on Thai food,especially for people like me who are non-spicy eaters as the food is not spicy,with maybe just a slight hint of pepper/spicyness which is withstandable for people who cannot take spicyness alike.
There are bits of chilli in the dish but no worries,the chilli seeds have already been taken out and just only add a slight flavour (:
I personally give it a thumbs up and a rating of 4/5.
And did I mention?It was one of the cheapest sets from that stall.
What's not to try? No harm done and in the meanwhile,exploring another culture's food.(:

No comments: