Cuppy Cake!

Cuppy Cake!

Sunday, August 2, 2009


Hi all, I'm Eunice from 3e2. As you all know, this is Mee Siam, one of the popular one-dish meals in Singapore. Mee Siam, which means "Siamese noodle", is a dish of thin rice noodles (vermicelli) in spicy, sweet and sour light gravy. Originally a Thai dish, it became a Nyonya specialty that is now prepared by Indians, Malays as well as Chinese stalls in Singapore with slight variation in ingredients. It is served with salted soy beans, dried bean curd, boiled egg, and tamarind, garnished with spring onions and Chinese chives. This dish can also be found in other countries such as Malaysia, etc. I brought this from a Chinese stall, located near Buangkok MRT station. It is tasty and affordable. It cost me just $3 and i could fill my tummy with this delicious dish. Mee Siam is also halal, which means that all ethnic group are able to eat it. I would rate this 8/10 as although it was delicious, it is not the best Mee Siam i had eaten in my whole life. That's all :)

1 comment:

Madame Sri said...

Your report on its origin could have been beefed up with better research.

Th dish is also not automatically Halal unless certified.